Just sent this out to all pre-reg’d riders…figured those of you making the trip up might like to see it too. Not much here that isn’t covered on the site, but it is all wrapped up in one place this way!!
Thanks for the support and love. We’re getting things ready for your arrival and looking forward to what is set up to be a beautiful day in the Michaux woods – though you may feel different about this about 2/3 of the way up Wigwam…
A few bits and pieces:
First and foremost before we do anything else we have to recognize three very important people.
For those of you who do not know, there has been a little change for us this year. Actually, it is not so little. Mark Laser, Chris Houston and Karen Polensky are all stepping back from IC to focus on other things. Mark was really THE guy to bring IC to life and Chris and Karen have been very instrumental in our success over the years. We’re working hard not to screw it up with all the good stuff they’ve done and you’ll see some new things happening too in coming years. Unfortunately you may not even see Mark, Chris or Karen this weekend as all three are quite busy with other things (they’ve cut the umbilical cord big time!) but hopefully those who can will stop by and I’m sure you’ll see them in future editions – hopefully standing on the start line next to you! Look for a follow up on this on the new race site next week too. Mark, Chris and Karen – Thank You Very Much!
On to some race stuff:
1. There are start slots left so bring some friends! (approx 235 pre-reg)
2. There are bunkhouses left. $20 for the night, right next to the start line. Easy peasy bacon cheesy.
3. No bacon cheesy, but Spaghetti Dinner on Sat night from 6:00-7:30 for everyone coming in the night before (thanks to the Stodterds!).
4. Sat Night Number Pickup – We will be open from 5:00PM to 7:00PM for race number pick up at the Camp Thompson mess hall/race HQ.
5. Iron Cross Day of Schedule
6:00-9:00AM Breakfast – benefit breaky for the Friends of Pine Grove Furnace State Park. $5 for good food and lots of it!
7:00-8:30AM Race Day Registration
8:40AM Pre-Race Meeting at race headquarters
8:50AM Staging on Ice House Road
9:00AM Race Start – Gents
9:02AM Race Start – Ladies
Food and stuff when you get back! Awards around 3:30-4:00.
6. Pay attention to race signage – Yellow/Blk signs and Orange paint on road. Keep your heads up! Remember that the roads are open to traffic and be safe out there!
7. Course description and a lot of other useful information on www.IronCrossRace.com.
8. Bring 1 gallon zip lock bags for drop bags – you may put drop bags at Checkpoints #2, #3, & #4 (check website for more info about checkpoint locations and drop bags on the “course” page).
9. Drop bags must be put in the Checkpoint bins located next to the Race HQ/Reg building by 8:30AM. No bags dropped after 8:30AM are likely to make it to the checkpoints.
10. The cut off time at CP#4 is 3:30PM
Lots of information on www.IronCrossRace.com for you – course description, schedule, directions, etc. Please check there first if you have any questions as I’m going to be in the woods of Michaux from here on out and it is tough to get information in or out of there…scary I know.
If you do need to reach me for info or questions try my cell at 717-350-1029. I probably won’t pick up when you call but leave a message and I’ll get back to you when I take a trip back to civilization!
Rest up, eat up, psych up and we’ll see you on Sunday morning for IC VIII!!
Kuhn and the crew