The Trans-Sylvania Mountain Bike Epic
Reserve your spot at the 2016 TSEpic!!
Already looking forward to next year? We are too.
As you may have heard, we are working on new formats and possibly a new course or two. So it’ll be a little while before we can announce the 2016 version (and open registration).
But we already miss everybody, so let’s make a commitment to each other.
For $250 you get to reserve your spot for next year. Once we can unveil the 2016 version you’ll get a special window to complete your registration (and your deposit will be applied to a special rate). You can even pay now to reserve your favorite lodging spot!
If for some reason you don’t like the new format, your reservation deposit can be refunded (within 2 weeks of announcement). Or if you’re unsure, you can take a little time to decide and we’ll lock your special rate until February 1st.
THIS OFFER IS ONLY AVAILABLE FOR THE FIRST HUNDRED ADDICTS TO SINGLETRACK SUMMER CAMP!!!
You do not need to designate a team at this time. That can come later, as you all pay for your entries individually.
We got a lot of feedback from lots of folks who love this event as much as we do. But still want to hear more before we make any final decisions. So give us a shout if you’ve got an idea or something to say that might shape Singletrack Summer Camp for the better.
The Trans-Sylvania Epic offers a la carte style registration. This means you can choose to stay where you like, eat what you like, and pay only for what you need. On our registration site, you will be able to indicate whether you want food, lodging, and transport.
Sunday May 24 – Saturday May 30, 2015
Solo entries include:
Seven days of fully supported trail riding/racing!
- A summer camp atmosphere and setting, relax amidst the deep dark forest greenery, complete with camp lake, cold spring fed streams and swimming pool.
- Base camp style set up means you can bring anything and everything you need with one location for all 7 days!
- Checkpoints stocked with water, electrolyte drinks, soda, fruit, PBJ, cookies, fig bars, inner tubes, lubricant, etc. Bottle hand-offs available for at least the top 5 positions in each category (and usually for everyone).
- Drop bag support – leave your drop bag with us the morning of the stage and it will be available for you at the checkpoint.
- Final dinner on day 7 and post race celebration for all registered racers.
- Mid-week fun on Wheelie Wednesday!
- Superb mix of trails and courses – let us show you where to go for your mountain bike vacation!
- SportIdent timed enduro segments – close to 25 for the week!
- On site professional medical care and support at CampTSE.
- Participants’ swag – In 2013, race swag included jerseys, sweatshirts, T-shirts, products from sponsors and more.
- A portion of each entry directed to trail creation and enhancement locally and across Pennsylvania.
- Freeze Thaw Cycles superlative mechanical support available all week long throughout the evenings at Camp TSEpic.
- “East Coast Rocks!” Singletrack Competition!
- Close to $30,000 in cash and prizes throughout the week for those racing for the daily and GC podiums.
- Special crowd awards from our fantastic partners – even if you don’t get on the stage podium you may be lucky enough to win something great!
- On course mechanical support at checkpoints.
- Neutral support bikes from BMC to allow you to finish the stage if yours breaks and still officially finish the TSEpic.
- Finisher’s prizes are awarded to those who complete every stage. 2013 finishers received custom engraved TSEpic leatherman style tools from Gerber and in the past have taken home pocket knives and hatchets as part of their finishers prize package. We’ll come up with something equally good this year – this ain’t your father’s belt buckle.
- Miles and miles of incredible singletrack!
- An experience and new friends you’ll cherish for a long long time.
EPIC TEAM SHAKEUP
For 2015, we’re folding the duo category into the team competition, and upgrading that as well.
- Teams can be as few as 2 people, and as many as 7.
- There will be stage prizes for the fastest team, recognition for the fastest team of the week, and a special “Multiplier” competition as well.
- Teams only need to send 1 rider out per stage, but all riders can go out as many (or as few) days as they like.
- Teammates do not need to ride together, though certainly can.
- Team racers can compete against the solo racers in the Enduro & East Coast Rocks categories.
- Prices for the team categories are simplified, and still less than racing solo.
- Team racers that finish all 7 stages will receive the same finisher’s prizes as the solo riders that do.
Get all the details on the “What is the Epic Team?” page.
“What if I only have 3 days?”
Then the TS3 is for you! Check out this 3-day version of the awesome 7-day race!
Join us for Singletrack Summer Camp!
For more information on Stage Info, Maps, Daily Schedule, Additional Services, Prize List, Photos, Media coverage and more, please visits the links on the right hand sidebar. And don’t hesitate to call or email with more questions.
Stephen Kincaid tackles a tough descent during stage 5 of 2012 TSEpic.
Thanks to these sponsors!