Men, Women, Men 40+, Men 50+, Singlespeed and Clydesdale
Epic Team Category
The Epic Team category allows a group of two to ten riders to switch off during the week to maximize the fun factor. As long as at least one of your team members finishes each day, you will be eligible for the Team General Classification and the Epic Team Cup. Bonus, the more you bring the more your costs drop for the week! No starters swag and finishers swag only if you do all five stages yourself. Basically, this is the low cost way to take part in all the awesomeness of Trans-Sylvania. More information about the Epic Team option is below, complete Epic Team category rules are available Here. Epic Team competitors may start with the Experience category, but their time will not count for their team. (More info on what is included is below).
The Experience category is for folks who want the TSEpic experience with less pressure to finish before the daily cutoffs. On most stages, we’ll start the Experience category 60-90 minutes prior to the rest of the field. Get timed on the course through day and earn the starters prizes and finisher swag if you complete all the stages!
The Experience category is a great way to maximize the fun of riding our courses with less emphasis on going fast. This category choice drops the average speed a rider must sustain to officially finish the stage/week to < 5mph. Make it all about the grinnin’!!
- There are no daily or GC awards for Experience competitors or subcategories (e.g. “Masters Experience”) within the Experience category. Epic Team competitors may start stages with the Experience category, but their recorded time will not count for their team. Experience category competitors who complete each stage within the allotted time will receive the same finishers’ prizes as other TSEpic categories. Note, because you’re starting early you mostly likely will not have a shot at the early enduro segments, but we’ll give you times on any that are up when you roll through.
All Solo Entries(including Epic Experience Entries) include:
- A setting that allows allowing you to relax amidst the deep dark forest greenery, complete with camp lake, cold spring fed streams and swimming pool between stages.
- Base camp style means you can bring anything and everything you need to one location for the whole event
- A free onsite campsite with the option to upgrade to other onsite lodging offerings
- Final cookout of deliciousness on Friday after the final stage.
- Checkpoints stocked with water, electrolyte drinks, soda, fruit, PBJ, cookies, fig bars, inner tubes, lubricant, etc. Bottle hand-offs available for at least the top 5 positions in each category.
- Drop bag support – leave your drop bag with us the morning of the stage and it will be available for you at the checkpoint.
- Camp-style fun throughout the week
- Superb mix of trails and courses
- SportIdent touchless timing on enduro segments – one of the first events in North America to use this technology.
- On site professional medical care and support at CampTSE.
- A portion of each entry directed to trail creation and enhancement locally and across Pennsylvania.
- A portion of each entry supports the growth of the Pennsylvania Interscholastic Cycling League
- Freeze Thaw Cycles superlative mechanical support available onsite all week long
- Close to $30,000 in cash and prizes throughout the week for those racing for the daily and GC podiums.
- Special crowd awards from our fantastic partners – even if you don’t get on the stage podium you may be lucky enough to win something great!
- On course mechanical support at checkpoints.
- Neutral support bikes to allow you to finish the stage if yours breaks and still officially finish the TSEpic.
- Finisher’s prizes are awarded to those who complete every stage. In the past finishers have taken home pocket knives, hatchets, machetes and more as part of their finisher’s prize package. We’ll come up with something equally good this year – this ain’t your father’s belt buckle.
- Miles and miles of incredible singletrack!
- An experience and new friends you’ll cherish for a long long time.
- The Singletrack Summer Camp atmosphere you get nowhere else.
Epic Team Entries Include:
All the same fun of #Singletracksummercamp except the race swag items (though some might be available to purchase at camp). And in order to get the finisher prize you have to finish all five stages.
- Teams can be as few as 2 people, and as many as 10.
- Teams only need to have 1 rider finish each stage, but all riders can go out as many (or as few) days as they like.
- Teammates do not need to ride together, though certainly can.
- Team racers can compete against the solo racers in the ENDURO!!! competition.
- Prices for the team categories are simplified and less than racing solo.
- Any team racer that finishes all 5 stages will receive finisher’s prizes.
These categories exist within the race and cross categories, enjoy!
- Enduro – Everyone entered in the race is automatically entered into the Enduro competition, though you do not have to race the timed runs – just roll through as you like – pin it, grin it, both! There are two daily CG categories in the ENDURO!!! competition – Men & Women – with each competing for GC overall winner cash at the end of the week.
AND — ENDURO!!! for ALL!!
Event ending recognition will be awarded to the fastest rippers in each of the race categories during week!
- u25 Men and Women – The winners of these two categories are selected from across all categories. u25ers may take part in any of the above categories, but will race against the u25ers in all categories. Enter any category you like. Want to see how you stack up against the best and go for the cash prize list? Solo Men or Women. Want to keep costs as low as possible for the week but have the chance to compete on the biggest u25 stage in North America? Choose Epic team.
*Categories that do not have a minimum of at least 5 entrants (or teams) will be combined into the next higher category or appropriate age group for daily stages. The top finisher in any combined category will be recognized at the end of the event in their original category.
Age group is based on age as of 12/31 of event year.
The same rates apply to standard entries and Experience Category entries.